Thursday, February 19, 2009

Spending Quality Time & Quiet Moments...

There are times I wished that,
selfish as I know I am,
I could have him all to myself and not share him with the rest of the world...

I like spending quality time with him...
Just the two of us...
Where we have quiet moments...
Knowing in the stillness of that moment,
no words have to be said...
It is understood that we were saying
"I am glad to be here with you, just the two of us"

You would think that him just coming over would be enough...
For me,
the answer would be no...
Watching TV just vegging out...
Whilst others are screaming for your attention...
Like my dad asking him if LIVERPOOL was playing that night...
My brother droning on about his marathon training...
My sister's MSN messenger pinging in the background...

You get the picture...
I do not call that QUALITY time...

It is times like shopping for groceries where it's just the both of us...
Him trying out his camera at different angles...
Trying to find the best angles to shoot his reluctant target...
Me trying to cook whilst I protest the ingredients he is putting into the pot without my consent...

I love my quiet moments...
We learn so much more about each other...
which is advisable when you are engaged anyway...

So...
A TOAST...
to
Quality Time...
&
Quiet Moments

No comments: